DARK LORD DAY 2010
For those of you who are not aware of what Dark Lord Day is, here is an overview taken from Darklordday.com
Dark Lord Day 2010 takes place on Sat, April 24th.
Dark Lord Day is the only day of the year to buy Three Floyds Dark Lord Russian Imperial stout. DLD is a festival where participants can meet other beer enthusiasts, sample beers from all over the world, buy Dark Lord, try Oak Aged Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout, eat BBQ, listen to live music, and generally have a great time.
I have put together a checklist of what to bring and info for those who wish to read
WHAT TO BRING (and why!)
- First and foremost, BEER. Bring bottles you want to share and bottles you want to trade. Bring bottles for the tasting tables, (more info on the next post), bottles to drink the night before, just bring lots o' BEER! *If you are new to the craft scene, DON'T BRING MACRO'S!*
- So you're going to be drinking a lot of beer, if you want to remember the experience I would suggest you also bring a ton of WATER. Small beer tastings, rinse out your glass with water, then drink the water. For every tasting you have, you probably should drink double that in water. *If the weather is hot and humid, DRINK MORE WATER. I have seen many passed out people over the years.*
- A tasting glass/cup. I would suggest to bring a tasting glass (small, 2 to 4 oz) for the sharing of beer that will flow from every corner of Three Floyds. Bring a glass that you don't care about, I have dropped the one I brought a couple times.
- Dress for the weather. Check the weather report before you head to the brewpub, if you are driving in from out of state, plan accordingly. Rain, snow, sleet, humid, hot, cold, anything is possible in the Mid-West in April (it's God's guinea pig for weather!).
- A good attitude, THOSE THAT ACT LIKE DOUCHE'S WILL BE DEALT WITH! These are Beer People, we are a generally peaceful group, but when you act like an ass, these people will probably take care of it. This is not a threat but just something to think about. *Police will also be present*
- FOOD, there will be food at DLD but it will cost money, you are probably already spending up to $120 on beer, so bring some food. Peanut butter is a great thing to bring, it will help keep your sober.
- A COOLER to hold your food/beer. Get a cooler with wheels of some kind, you do not want to carry around one all day long. You could also bring a WAGON to hold the cooler and your purchased beer, I will be bringing one this year.
- (If you drink) A DD! If you can, bring a designated driver, or take your time sobering up! Call a cab, take a bus! There are going to be a ton of Police, the last thing anyone needs is a DUI, or for Three Floyds to be punished from the stupidity of others. We Love You 3F!!
- $$$$ CASH MONEY! You can only purchase anything (beer, food, more beer) with cash! They are planning on having an ATM on site this year, but if it's anything like the lines last year, it will be a hassel, and like every piece of technology it may not work. Just bring as much cash as you feel comfortable with. Put it in a safe place (front pocket, zipped pocket, sock, bra, whatever)
- A CAMERA, cell phone, video cam. Document and upload!!